BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, August 1, 2011

Sooo Juicy...

Today I am beginning my 10 day juice fast and I must admit I am a little afraid of failing. I spent quite a bit of money ($69) on fruits and veggies so that I can be oh soooo juicy!

Well that's not the whole truth. I believe that by doing this fast several things will occur.
   1. God will honor the sacrifice that I am making
   2. My body will respond in a positive manner
   3. My liver will be very happy since it won't have to break down all the processed food
   4. My body will be allowed to detox and get rid of all the toxins

Number 3 is very important since I do not have a gallbladder. Okay, you want the whole story about that right? I was in my twenty's when my gallbladder erupted and had to have emergency surgery to have it removed. I had never even considered it importance until now. After a bit of research I am realizing that the bile stored in the gall bladder helps in digestion so that the liver doesn't have to do all the work. My liver on the other hand is working overtime without the aid of gall bladder and the added bonus of being a body that likes to eat all kinds of fatty processed food.

So here's to you Ms. Liver! (I know you are superwoman because you are always working so very hard). I am giving you a little vacation, almost two weeks long. I hope you enjoy it.


Pic is juice made with beets, carrots, kale, ginger, and a little watermelon w/the rind on!
Weight - 213.6

0 comments: