BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 18, 2011

I am Superwoman

When I first began blogging almost a year ago, I did so with the mindset that Superwoman was dead. That the idea of such a person or woman did not exist and that I was giving up the idea of ever achieving the status deserving of such a title. But I have since had a change of heart. Perhaps I was inspired by Alicia Keys melodic voice telling me that I perhaps had achieved the illusive status already.  Either way, I understand that superwoman is not perfect, but she is the woman of steel by simply being her self. As long as the sun rises, she is renewed with a sort of dunamis power.

There will be days of kryptonite. Days when she is tired, hurt, and frustated. Days when circumstances or situations get the best of her. Days when she too bleeds like a mortal. But that does not change who she is. The fact the kryptonite can affect her proves she is Superwoman. For kryptonite does not affect mortals like it does superbeings. Superwoman doesn't beat herself up because she is suspectible to pieces of her home planet. She does not blame herself for the things (or people) that make her weak. She understands that is part of her make-up and always will be. Thus, she must attempt to avoid kryptonite or like her male counterpart, wear a suit of lead on the occasion that she knows she will encounter the element.

So much like the woman of steel portrayed in the comic books, I have learned to accept my status as a Superwoman and you should too.

0 comments: